Our Complaints Policy
Graham Watt & Co LLP are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all of its clients. If something goes wrong we want to hear about it so that we are able to resolve any issues and improve our standards.
Our Complaints procedure
If you have a complaint please contact our Office Manager with the details on firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five working days of us receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure. [We will fully document the complaint and handling of it].
- We will then investigate your complaint, this will normally involve assigning your complaint to a Senior Attorney, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you as well as considering all relevant actions undertaken.
- If appropriate we may invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We endeavour to do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgment letter.
- Within 5 days the assigned Attorney will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will endeavour to send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including our suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- If at this stage you are still not satisfied with the outcome you should contact us again and we will arrange for an alternative Attorney to review the decision. We may offer you the opportunity to involve an independent mediator to assist with resolving the complaint.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for review confirming our final position on your compliant and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider the complaint. You can contact them on the following:
Address: PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton WV1 9WT
Telephone: 0300 555 0333 or
Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final decision on your complaint. For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman.