We want to hear from enthusiastic applicants
Graham Watt & Co LLP have an opportunity for 2 qualified Attorneys: one specialising in (Bio) Chemistry and one in Mechanical Engineering to join our small and successful practice. Ideally the role is for a permanent and full time position.
Required Skills and expertise:
- Be a qualified E.P. and U.K. Patent Attorney;
- Ability to translate complex IP issues into easily understandable terms and to communicate these effectively both orally and in writing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage and prioritize own workload;
- Excellent relationship management;
- Ability to provide commercially focused advice;
- Team player;
- Strong communication skills and customer-oriented;
- Experience in EPO prosecution would be an advantage;
- R&D or design experience in industry would be an advantage.
Your workload will include:
- Drafting and filing of applications for patents and designs to meet the required legal standards and to obtain an optimum degree of protection
- Provision of solution-orientated legal advice on questions relating to patent management, infringement and validity, conflicts and disputes with third parties
- Advising on issues relating to filing, prosecution, validity, legal opinions and management of the foreign patent and designs portfolio
- Provision of advice on the IP content of confidentiality agreements, development agreements, licences and other contracts.
The positions will involve a varied caseload, under initial supervision. The successful candidates will be given autonomy from an early stage and encouraged to be involved in practice development. The practice is a small and friendly, with a supportive environment: we are looking for the right person to join our team, who can add experience and bring an enthusiastic work ethic.
The positions offer competitive salaries. Please apply with covering letter and CV to email@example.com